A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Love

Listen, there's only one thing
about me 
that I need to tell you, that
you need to know, and that's
love
Love is the steer by which I 
shine my white sails in the night
ghosting across those smooth waters
love is the hard oar
I dip into my rippling wake 
to steady and direct my course
even though probably that’s not 
how boats work 
love is the faith and the compass
that gets me through, when the waves rise
riding right up around, about to come 
crashing down and I start hot-dogging 
my boat around like a mogul run
hollerin' YEE-HAW a lot, to chase the terrors off
then when I break through to smooth waters
and make towards the dim distant light 
at the end of your pier
love is the fait and the accompli
it was won before I started off
we were one, before we put two 
together, before we even counted
again to make sure
and now, I'm just gliding forward
through
love
into 
love
into
shore

No comments: