A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, July 20, 2009

many ways to put it

I want to insert my circumstance
into your situation

I can't express how much I want to dock my
barge
in your boat slip

I want to slide my hot slippery clause
between your parentheses,

I want to put an exclamatory "!"
at the end of your previously interrogative
sentence

I want to make a particular point
deep
in the center of your meaning

I want to part your gray misty cloudbank
with one beaming keen lance of sun,
or lightning, perhaps
yes, lightning
I think

no. Sun

I want to put my
put my
my

and you

know exactly where it's going

No comments: