A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, June 08, 2009

why we tried

take what you want and leave
the only thing you don't get to take is me
I won't dispute your truth, but it's not true to me
and you can't even see mine, so

we can't disagree.

There is no single point where our truths intersect
we are parallel lines, with no dots to connect
- no matter how far we've gone, forward and back
we'll never wind up running on the same track.

there were times when we thought we were on the same line,
when you thought I meant yours, and I thought you meant mine
because we didn't listen: just wanted to hear.
We filled in the meanings we wanted, my dear

No comments: