A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

New Rap Handle: props up to emcee PBNJ!

Introducing emcee 
Pee Bee NJ! That's 
"Pig
Boy
Jersey"
and I don't
rhyme! With 
the words I say, I belt 
rhythm on cue, on
key at a tempo wrought 
wild and free, and variously, and 
people admire my wit and panache.

I uh,
duh- 

huh

to the beat
like some ass!

Like I beat
that ass
like
a bongo show! Slow 
to fast, and eh,

okay.
I might just
slip a rhyme 
in a beat behind,
or
two 
or three,

but that's sheer dumb luck,
accident or fuck, whatever. 

I don't truck with such aplomb
on purpose. Problem?
To make 
the crowd weep 
with joy! If only to realize,

"Oh. He's not meaning this.
It's a rap."

Quite. Just so, or dead wrong 
in case I meant it anyway, 
boy. Sometimes I do. Oh
boy, that's
my
brand new PBNJ
style! And
it always kind

of was.

Or at least, been 
awhile 

No comments: