A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, July 25, 2022

no easy epiphany

I think of people 
sometimes, or no

say something 
- and it feels like some 
great, deep hovering

truth 
out there
suspended 
suddenly swings
just or almost in reach,
swaying or bobbing
invisibly. And so as a
matter of course and habit
I reach, grope, probe and flail 
fondling my thin air mind.

Trying to pull solid rocks out of it 

with substance
and weight 
like I do.

And I do 

but 
it wasn't what 
I thought I was trying 
to say 

or find. Produce 
something to show
and tell between with. See, I thought 
I had some guidance prong 
or justice gauge, maybe! 
Felt like, coming in focus - 
or just a big real feeling made 
of words. You could put it.
Question it, explain it, you could 

do anything 

with a thing like that.
If you could have it. If you
closed your mind's-eye's
hands upon it, and felt  
shape, heft and point

made yielding real.
Anyway, 
most times,
turns out nothing.
Or something 

elusive, 
out of reach, 
beguiling in its 
intangible almost-caress 

My tip?
When that happens, 
what can you do? 

Just make up some
deep
shit. 
See how it sounds 
on the light and air 

in their eyes 
and between their ears 

They surprise you sometimes 
and it makes you
realize 
something
real about humanity. 
Huge, true and just 
out of reach 

No comments: