A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Precaution.

I forgot the last thing I was worried about,
but I feel like it happens a week from now.
There were mental notes of something to do
- foreboding forearmed by a month or two,
but it's gone now, straight off the to-do list.
Only a feeling is left, perhaps. A definite memory,
caught in the catch of a worry that's flown,
leaving only a sense like a bodiless chalk
outline on the floor. No plea, no defense,
no broken latch, no clue, no idea who's
meant to lie down
and let out their blood
as evidence - and patiently wait
for a knock at the door. I suppose,
next time I should jot down a note
so I'll know what to worry about,
just in case it's you. Not you,
surely no not that! I hope

No comments: