A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, October 09, 2018

one's druthers

darling,
I would rather be with you
than locked
in the deepest cell
of the darkest dungeon,
shackled in irons hanging
from stone walls, left
without water for days
or air or light, to starve

without your delightful ways.

I would rather be with you
than slapped in the face 'til
I throw up drunk and realize
all of existence is a simulation

run by a sound and furious idiot,
signifying everything

I would far rather, far better
have all your love

than be shot through the heart
by a chimpanzee
who could not be blamed.

He was badly trained, or
it all came about accidentally

- that's assuming I die. If I survive
that would be one hell of a story,

right?

I wouldn't mind that. But you,
though - you. I would still rather be
with you,

no question at all
about that

From first sight.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Really beautiful.

dogimo said...

Thank you!

I uh forgot the last line. Added it in. Hope it works!

Mel said...

It does <3