A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, June 08, 2018

Mnemantra

Soon, you'll be alone
with the memory

of all

your sincere regards.

And I'll

shuffle off the deck, discretely.

This cruise

Has been free of charge,
so far...

But the price of admission is guilt
There's a series of fiction confessions in you
and I'm sensing the scent of a new career
When you fly off the cliff after it,
won't you spare me one glance in your rear
view
Mirror,
you?

Re

MEM

BER

my

SHINE
This abyss that i have been
is not the worst fix i've been in RE! MEM! BER! MY!
SHINE
once you've seen the last of me
that's the worst of it you'll have to see RE! MEM! BER! MY!
SHINE
if you've let your vision swim
from the too much light that you let in,

re mem ber

mine

my
mind, somewhere
over the spectrum

and heart

in a cool, dry place

where you

have been trapped in graven image

by the lines

as it desiccates,

in an airless space
as the heiresses r.s.v.p.,
they regret to inform you on bended knee
that you'll soon be attending the banquet alone
with a change of address, it is now your home

sweet home

re

mem

ber

MY!

SHINE
as you wash the world in light
from the one thing you got right, RE! MEM! BER! MY!
SHINE
once you've seen the last of me
that's the worst of it you'll have to see, RE! MEM! BER! MY!
SHINE
if you've let your vision swim
from the too much light that you let in

remember mine

This abyss that I have been
is not the worst fix I've been in -

since you've seen the last of me,
having left behind the best you'll see -

if you've let your vision drown
from the too much light that you let down,

re mem ber why

re mem ber our

re mem ber my

time

No comments: