A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, December 02, 2017

I have an egg tree

I've got an egg tree, in the garden growing

I go out mornings, picking fresh eggs
and I put them in

to the water boiling

for a perfect two minutes,
as the toast gets ready

for the butter,

and it's all for you, breakfast in bed,
I got this leggy tray

from the homemaker store

and I'll take it up to you,
with a cup of black steam,

you can send me back

for more. Some sugar and cream,
and for anything else

that you or we
don't normally try,
but decide we

might need. I'm sorry

the eggs taste a little
like leaves


No comments: