A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, April 12, 2012

stage 5

and I don't know why all I want is you.
but I wish I could want something else
and I wish I could want someone else
and I don't know why every heaven is hell
and if every thing I ever dreamed I could have
came true -
it would mean only torment and agony, now
I don't know how
you came to cast everything out
the swap meet antiques show
has been cleared and kicked, chased
from the temple, now there is only
an empty space
waiting for a sacrifice that will never be brought
before this altar.

Once, for years, you gave
everything you had for me.

it was then
that I needed to find some way

Now it's not too late, it's just gone wrong ways
things in this world do not get straightened out. If
you find something right, the only thing you can do
is keep it that way. There are no second chances,
because the first time was not chance. But

I don't know why it matters so much. There
should be another turn left, on the board
another way to go, to make good, to score
and there isn't anymore. And I don't want
there to be. All I want is you.

I can live with me.

No comments: