A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Paging Ozymandias


Of what you could once have accomplished in life,
just counting ten years -
you've rung less than a tithe.

Can you sit back and dream,
and imagine your skills, in a world where you gave a shit
what you could build? The sharper you'd be, the farther
you'd throw! The higher you'd stand on the shoulders of your
own colossal Bysshe-Shelley-esque self-monument

My works,

and despair -

I could mean, I have meant.
I could bend, I have bent

but my shoulders shrug most
of the burdens off left and off right, and I coast.

I was born more for hammocks than hammers
and tongs, though I sometimes wish
I had one more of me on
double-duty for two
me the master:
he slave

Somebody should give everything that God gave to me back

- back to everything,
everyone,

all.

I'm sorry. I owe an apology:

To that high self
who I am, who I
could have been, who
really truly deserved
to stand ever so tall.

I think that he could have been better than I

could ever have been.

He would not mind the fall.

No comments: