A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

can't reach

you can't reach me from where you are
except you do,
and have

you can't
save my life in any way, from where you are, except
you do - you have.

And what would I do?
without you
without you
without you, is the only way I ever face
my day

and you can't reach me from where you are
except
you do.

I have a sudden
sick thrill of fear - like the man you whirl to face,
solid, silent, standing in the room at the corner of your eye -
I suddenly realize that you could be
more
here
where I am

than you are
where you are

1 comment:

Tess Kincaid said...

Very nice, this. I hear music. x