A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, January 16, 2011

the challenges and rewards of domesticity

I left the butter out,
to get soft

so I could make bread and butter sandwiches
because I hate

when you're trying to make bread and butter sandwiches, and
anyway,

the butter did not get soft so much as
MELT

and it's not that warm in the house
but oh well

I made those sandwiches anyway
I just felt like a snack.

bread and butter sandwiches,
a bowl of hot heinz tomato soup
(in the blue-teal can!)
and a bread-and-butter pickle spear. Now,

what

in all of that snack

- makes this a poem?

It just might be this rhyme
right
here.

No comments: