A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

tricky way

I wish that I
could find some tricky way
to make you love me

I know you love me anyway, though
so
kind of maybe a waste of effort?
or a waste of a wish,
because it's not really effort
just making wishes!
Plus, you love me now,
already

But still, even with that,
even with things already
as they are,
I'd still like
some tricky way

to hold reserved
for just in case

and then:
if you were wavering,

I'd go for it.

pull out that sweet, tricky way
of mine, and spring it on you -
very nonchalant.
and you'd be all

whoa

"I love you

I don't even know what I was thinking about just then
because I definitely love you"

and me,
well
I wouldn't feel bad at all, or guilty

because you said I could trick you if I had to
right?

No comments: