A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, November 13, 2009

lantern light

you're nice
but not enough
for those who seem to seek
by a light you can't see
and they call in the dark,
- to your eyes, dark
and you answer back
but
they don't answer back

you've sworn an oath
to stay as good
you have tried to keep
but you know it's done
how long can you be
true to the person you
are
not
now

if there was someone

if there could be light
to re-tune your eyes,
can blind faith be seen by
those who had always chosen
to know?

to know for sure.

To step into air,
pretending ground
to navigate darkened rooms by touch
telling all who can see,
"I know this much:

I cannot explain,
this light that I see
but it lights my way

as I fall

for thee


...?"

No comments: